Thursday, October 3, 2013

Think Small.

(google.com)
First blog post from my new 1 bedroom apartment! 
(New to me anyway, the building is a Victorian built in 1910.)There is a good amount of space for one person but it has definitely been a challenge separating areas for different purposes. A must for me is a study space, I have my drafting table in my living room but I need a regular desk as well.

There's a small mud room that could work but I've been considering using that area for storage in the wintertime. The only other available space (that is near the heater) is a closet...
I've found some cool possibilities online, let's check them out!

I like this idea because it includes the option of a little bistro table, a comfy chair does double duty.
(babble.com)
Just because it's a small space doesn't mean you have to sacrifice style, I love the look of this one. 
(potterybarn.com)

Another option would be keeping the desk in the bedroom, and separating it from the bed with a curtain or folding screen.

(babble.com)
This idea is amazing, two painted bookcases on casters, easily closed up when not in use!
(howjoyful.com)
Plenty of options to choose from, I'll keep you updated on how it turns out!

Best, 
Jess







No comments:

Post a Comment